Metals & Gems Jun 11, 2017 19:03:47 GMT -5
Post by Zowja on Jun 11, 2017 19:03:47 GMT -5
Metals & Gems
(AKA all tool materials)
Metals & Gems and their corresponding ores are the main highlight and largest area of change within New Frontier Craft. Vanilla Minecraft is known for its linear four tier progression: Wood → Stone → Iron → Diamond. In NFC, there are six tiers with multiple materials in each, with each tier requiring the tier below it to mine the ores needed for it (with the exception of alloys).
The number within the damage column is representative of the number of half hearts it takes away (Gems, Diamond, and Osmium do 10 Hearts of Damage and will one hit anything without armor).
The armor durability column is sorted by in order of Helmet, Chestplate, Leggings, then Boots.
Material Tier Chart
| Tier || Material || Durability |
(Pick, Axe, Shovel)
| Durability |
| Speed |
(Pick, Axe, Shovel)
| Damage |
| Armor Durability |
|1||Aluminum||35||76||5||3||40, 49, 46, 34|
|1||Bismuth||65||81||3.5||3||40, 49, 46, 34|
|1||Copper||50||79||4||3||40, 49, 46, 34|
|1||Tin||40||77||4.5||3||40, 49, 46, 34|
|1||Zinc||80||84||3||3||40, 49, 46, 34|
|2||Gold||20||39||8||3||40, 49, 46, 34|
|2||Boron||50||114||10||4||79, 97, 91, 67|
|2||Brass||180||136||4||4||79, 97, 91, 67|
|2||Bronze||125||126||5||4||79, 97, 91, 67|
|2||Nickel||85||120||7||4||79, 97, 91, 67|
|2||Platinum||215||141||3.5||4||79, 97, 91, 67|
|2||Silver||260||149||3||4||79, 97, 91, 67|
|3||Chrome||200||174||8||6||157, 193, 181, 133|
|3||Cobalt||700||257||4||6||157, 193, 181, 133|
|3||Iron||300||191||6||6||157, 193, 181, 133|
|3||Silicon||150||166||10||6||157, 193, 181, 133|
|4||Steel||700||327||8||10||326, 401, 376, 276|
|4||Titanium||700||292||14||10||326, 401, 376, 276|
|4||Tungsten||1750||502||6||10||326, 401, 376, 276|
|4||Gems||1450||452||10||20||326, 401, 376, 276|
|5||Diamond||3250||717||10||20||651, 801, 751, 551|
|5||Osmium||10000||1842||9||20||1086, 1236, 1186, 986|
- It is possible to skip tiers. For instance, by mining copper and tin with a wooden pickaxe, you could smelt them together in a Brick Oven to make bronze
- Obsidian only requires a Tier 3 pickaxe to mine, meaning you don't need to wait until you find diamonds to build a portal or whatever else you might want to do with obsidian
- Armor takes durability from its tier. Gold is the only shown set that ignores this rule, having tier 1 durability despite being a tier 2 metal.
- Leather and Chainmail are not included in the chart. Leather has Tier 1 stats, and chainmail Tier 2 stats.
- Pickaxes, shovels, and axes, of the same material all have the same stats when it comes to durability for the things they are designed to break.
- All ores are harvested using a tool one tier below them. As an example of one possible tier progression, copper can be dug with wood, nickel with copper, chrome with nickel, gems with chrome, and osmium with gems. This is not the recommended progression of tiers, however it is one example of a possible progression you could take
- Swords take the same damage stats from their material, and have the damage of their respective tier, with the exception of gold having Tier 1 damage despite being a Tier 2 material and gems having Tier 5 damage despite being a Tier 4 material.
Ores (such as Magnetite and Uranium), will be given more uses in the future than just acting as building materials
A rework to the Tier system is planned for v4.0.0 of NFC, which will make heavy edits and tweaks to the existing Tier system. For more information on that, it's recommended you read this page of the proposed changes.